Arts & Crafts, Face Painting, 'Creepy Crawlies,' Green Ranger Power Hour, 'Kid-Friendly' Booths, Exclusive Lithographs, Passport Program, Costume Contest Lead Special Children's Programming; Kids Under 10 Free With Paid Adult
Move over, mom and dad! Sunday is Kids Day at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con, with an array of programming, kid-friendly celebrities, creators and exhibitors designed especially for children, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. From the impossibly cute Kids Costume Contest to the positively “icky” Creepy Crawlies in Pop Culture panel, children of all ages will enjoy a variety of activities all day long. Kids 10 and under are free all weekend (two children admitted per paid adult).
As kids arrive on Sunday, they will receive an official “Wizard World Kids Day Passport” and sheet detailing all of the places they can visit to have the passport stamped at Wizard World Kids Day Booth, #2429. Those include creators like artists Art Balthasar and Franco Aureliani and writer Thomas Finley, fan groups like the 501st Midwest Garrison and Northern Illinois Lego Train Club, exhibitors like J&J Collectibles, and celebrities like “The Green Power Ranger” Jason David Frank. Awesome!
Kids will also receive an exclusive Chicago Comic Con Kids Day Lithograph by visiting Terry Huddleston's Artist Alley table (#I7).
Some of the highlights of the day include:
- Arts & Crafts and Face Painting all day at Wizard World Kids Day Booth #2429
- AlphaPet City story Time with Finley at the Kids Day booth (11 a.m., 2 p.m.)
- Kids Draw! With Eisner Award Winners Balthasar and Aureliani teach the basics of drawing... with an emphasis on fun (11 a.m., Room 50)
- From The Microscope To The Big Screen: Creepy Crawlies In Pop Culture, a lesson how monsters and giant insects in the movies compare to real life (noon, Room 50)
- Kick it at the Green Ranger Power Hour with Frank – a special hour-long karate class (2 p.m.. Room 23)
- UcreateComics Presents: Character Crafters, where kids design their own characters from start to finish (2 p.m., Room 50)
- Kids Costume Contest (3 p.m., Room 42), hosted by Wizard World's own superhero, “The Defuser” Jarrett Crippen
Wizard World Comic Con events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more. Wizard World Chicago Comic Con show hours are Thursday, Aug. 8, 3-8 p.m.; Friday, Aug. 9, noon – 7 p.m.; Saturday, Aug. 10, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 11, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
For more on the 2013 Wizard World Chicago Comic Con, visit http://www.wizardworld.com/home-ch.html.
About Wizard World:
Wizard World (OTCBB: WIZD) produces Comic Cons and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate graphic novels, comic books, movies, TV shows, gaming, technology, toys and social networking. The events often feature celebrities from movies and TV, artists and writers, and events such as premieres, gaming tournaments, panels, and costume contests.
The full event schedule can be found at www.wizardworld.com.
***** SAVE THE 2013-14 DATES *****
August 8-11 – Wizard World Chicago Comic Con
September 20-22 – Wizard World Ohio Comic Con
October 18-20 – Wizard World Nashville Comic Con
November 22-24 – Wizard World Austin Comic Con
January 24-26, 2014 – Wizard World Portland Comic Con
February 7-9, 2014 – Wizard World New Orleans Comic Con
April 4-6, 2014 – Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con
June 19-22, 2014 – Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con
--- Read more at UnRatedMagazine.com | UnRatedFilm.com